Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let's Get You Making Money By Blogging


By now, I'm hoping you've finished reading my free eBook, Make Money Online with John Chow dot Com, and are really excited about the possibility with having your own money making blog. What I want to do now is help you get started in the best and most effective way possible.
Over the next six weeks, I'll be sending you a series of free step-by-step lessons on how to get a money making blog up and running. If you follow the instructions, by the end of the six weeks, you'll be well on your way to creating a second (or even primary) income for yourself.
If you don't have a blog already, the first thing you need to do is make one. There are two ways to go about this. One is free and the other cost you a few dollars.
The free way is to set up a blog at Blogspot.com or Wordpress.com. Both services are free to use but they're limited from a branding and making money standpoint. For example, Wordpress.com will not allow you to put any advertising on your blog. However, this is a good way to get your feet wet and see if blogging is for you.
The other method, and this is what I do for all my blogs, is to register your own domain name and host the blog with a professional web host. This is really the best way to go. Your blog will have YourName.com instead of yourname.blogspot.com. From a branding stand point, this will be very important down the road. The cost of registering a domain name is less than $10 so it's not a huge investment.
I register all my domain names at GoDaddy.com. They're the biggest domain name company in the world. They also offer web hosting but I have never used them for that so I can't comment on how good they are. But for domain names, they're the one to go with.
Next you will need blogging software. The best blogging software to use is WordPress. All my blogs are powered by WordPress. The program is free and can be downloaded at Wordpress.org.
Now you need a place to host your blog. My recommend blog hosting company is Bluehost. They offer great services and can help you with registering your domain name and they'll even install WordPress for you. Their hosting packages start at $6.95 per month.
This should keep you busy for a little while. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to help. Next week, I'll show you how to make money from your new blog. Talk to you later!
John Chow



No comments:

Post a Comment